Ir para conteúdo
Faça parte da equipe! (2024) ×

[Inglês]Atmosphere Tutorial ~by Amanda

Oragah
 Compartilhar

Posts Recomendados

Hey tagfreak!

Today I am going to be re-visiting my old tutorial on lighting. I made the tutorial a long time ago and it is long gone. So I thought I would go ahead and re-make it with a twist. A lesson on atmosphere in general!

The literal definition of atmosphere “a general pervasive feeling or mood;the prevailing tone or mood of a novel, symphony, painting, or other work of art” this is a pretty good representation of atmosphere. It gives the basic ideas of how it should be applied.

In my opinion atmosphere is the general feeling/mood of an artwork. It involves the lighting,depth,and color of the said artwork. When creating atmosphere you have to think about it like this. Are your color’s cohesive, don’t be afraid to look at a color wheel. Does the depth make sense, this is very important. When creating depth you have to remember how one’s vision works. If you put your had in front of you while you look at a different object your hand is blurry. This is how you should apply depth in your artwork. So if your focal is the point in which the eye should be looking everything that is meant to be in front of it should be out of focus. Finally the lighting, the lighting needs to not only match the overall depth and color, but must impact your tag. So if your light source is suppose to be behind your focal the focal must then be darker, this applies to all aspects. If its coming from the left the right side should be darker. This all really comes with practice. I also recommend looking at images with lighting, studying is your friend. Lets move on.

rrr_zpsaa4dd4e2.png

Lets take a look at this first tag, We can instantly see the sources of light, one from behind and front. When creating lighting likes this you have to remember that both sides must be lit. However you don’t want the sides to be the same level of brightness. This will cause conflict to your highlights and shadows. So the right side is brighter than the left side, so you must apply your shadows accordingly.

82WtkLy.png

As we can see from the circled area’s the light source is coming from the upper corner and its also coming from the lower portion of the tag. So we must apply the shadows and highlights according to this. So as you can see the lower one and the upper one are pretty bright, so there light sources will mesh in a way causing the effected area to be bright. Depending on the focal in questions position you must apply the highlights and shadows according to this.

RtjWgIx.png

As you can see from the circled area this will be the highlighted portion of your focal. So if you have no other conflicting light sources everything in front of this line should be darkened for realism. Now when applying the shadows like I said before you must take the focal into account, are there things constructing the light source? If so apply shadows to those area’s also.

Now in the case that in your shadow area you have light sources also.(which I recommend it really will break up the dark area and add to the overall composition of the tag.) You need to apply light to this area according to where your light sources are.

jw5WAws.png

Now in this case we can see that the nose shoulders and hands need to have some sort of lighting impact on them to add to realism. After applying this you need to rethink the shadows, the two lit sides are now fighting for attention without proper shadows. So what you are going to do is follow where your sources are going and apply lighting according to this.

Qd45Bqm.png

As you can see the lighting is coming down in both directions, so you must apply your shadows to the median area. This once again also is dependent on your focal in question. You have to take into account the position it is, and if there is anything that would need to receive extra light in this area. That really takes care of the lighting and depth portion, Doing all this should create a pretty good sense of depth in your tag, without blurring or anything destructive like that. Color is really the easy part, if you apply a color, look at the color wheel and apply a color that corresponds with it. Now I know what you are thinking, why should I look at a color wheel I just want to add whatever colors. The color wheel gives you a good representation of what color look ‘appealing’ together. Which will in turn allow your tag to become more appealing in the eyes of your audience.

Lets do a little lighting practice.

wydWBqE.png

Well lets pretend this is your tag, you want to add lighting but you are not sure how or what to do. The first thing is to look at your focal.

See where the lighting is on it? Well it would be easy to just apply lighting according to this, it will allow you to edit the shadows more correctly. Lets say you already made your tag and you don’t want to create the lighting all over again to match the focal well then, lets see.

NgBR5N7.png

From what we can tell if you have been following thus far, you need to now apply your shadows according to your two new light sources. Firstly if you make a black layer and set it to linear dodge, you can freely edit with a soft brush your light sources to make them as strong as you see fit, just remember that they must effect the entire image.

RITCxPM.png

Now from what we can see the shadows need to be added to the focal accordingly. Now according to the brightness of your light sources you need to darken the red area to match, so if they are really bright, shadows must be really dark. This is one of the reason I recommend not over doing your lighting to much, because then your shadows will be very intense causing a lot of contrast issues. Also you must remember to apply shadows to the rest of your signature according to the light sources you created.

6FNiMz5.png

Now the yellow shows you the effect length your light sources will have on the overall signature, this is really just in theory depending on your lighting and could be larger or smaller, the red area is where you are going to be shading. Remember once you have darkened it go ahead and make a new black layer set to linear dodge, and take a really low opacity soft brush and edit the impact of your light source. This will add more realism to the shadows, and will also cause for a better transition.

6sn6bzy.png

Now when burning and dodging, remember to change the exposure levels, but never go over 50%. Also change the range according to what you are trying to achieve. Now that you created the lighting, you have noticed that your focal doesn’t really match the light sources. So in the effected area’s you will firstly take a layer set on soft light with the color in question, in this case yellow and apply it at a lowered opacity. You will then want to add a few adjustment layers like levels color adjustment, and color balances.

vdf3RKJ.png

Remember when using the levels color adjustments, and the color balances adjustment layers to also add colors that will apply to the overall signature you don’t want it to be monotone.

Well everything that’s all for today I hope you learn something!

DuX0cBM.png

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

• 2 semanas atrás...

Traduzir que é bom a preguiça não deixa né ? zZz :v

Para quem entende inglês tá show, bem explicado.

"Eu queria ter cinco vidas,

Eu queria nascer em cinco cidades diferentes.

Comer cinco vezes a mesma quantidade de comida.

Ter cinco profissões. Mas nessas cinco vidas, eu amaria a mesma pessoa."

Link para o comentário

Show o tutorial! Vlw

Sera que a webfx n poderia um criar um cargo de tradutor? Tipo trazer tutoriais de fora, ae nego traduzia e colocava os creditos do criador original! Agora quem ira traduzir é que sao elas haha

30192.gif

Link para o comentário

Este tópico está impedido de receber novos posts.
 Compartilhar

• Quem Está Navegando   0 membros estão online

• Nenhum usuário registrado visualizando esta página.
  • Criar Novo...

Informação Importante

Nós fazemos uso de cookies no seu dispositivo para ajudar a tornar este site melhor. Você pode ajustar suas configurações de cookies , caso contrário, vamos supor que você está bem para continuar.